We’re excited to see Odijoo listed on the Centre for Learning and Performance Technologies‘ directory of the top e-Learning Tools and Learning Management Systems. Odijoo is listed among dozens of other top eLearning applications, but is the only one on the list to combine course authoring, LMS, white label, e-commerce and social networking features in a single application, that is free to use and can be accessed from the web.
Archive for October, 2009
Check out Tony Karrer’s blog post about Odijoo and other “Rapid Learning Management Systems”, in a post titled Rapid Learning Management Systems : eLearning Technology. In his post, Tony discusses the necessary components required in a Rapid LMS in order for it to be an ideal training solution.
Odijoo satisfies the presented model for what constitutes a great “Rapid Learning Management System” by offering its users the following features:
- An Odijoo Campus, which gives trainers and SMB’s a transition from their home page to their own secure, private and personalized online training centre.
- Campuses and Classrooms with Administration and reporting features which match the needs of organizations who need to group learners and manage them from one place.
- A Marketplace where online course content can be shared, sold, syndicated and purchased, within the Odijoo community.
- A Social Learning aspect, as seen in Odijoo’s interactive classroom elements, the ability to add friends as contacts, message users and rate courses.
- Couse Authoring Capabilities via Odijoo’s built-in and web-based course authoring tool.
One aspect not covered inTony’s blog is affordability. Odijoo caters to businesses, schools and trainers who need an affordable and easy way to get their online course content online and from one private place.
We’re excited to announce the release of Odijoo! Odijoo is an all-in-one web-based eLearning platform that allows users to create, publish, share, sell and syndicate online courses from your own personalized online space, known as an Odijoo campus.
Check out the brand new Odijoo Course Authoring tool. The new authoring tool allows you to create online courses and add modules, lessons, topics, audio narration or sound, videos, pictures, text formatting and more.
Create an Odijoo Campus for free and have your own personalized, themed and branded online space within Odijoo located at yourcampusname.odijoo.com. Simply sign up for a campus, import your classrooms into it and invite members to join. You can use a campus as your own private webpage within Odijoo, or a storefront ort or online training centre, from which you can conduct your business.
You can also monetize your knowledge with the new Odijoo. Create an online course with the authoring tool or by importing a PowerPoint and syndicate (sell) the content in the Marketplace to other users. Once a course is syndicated, other users can purchase it, turn it into a classroom and teach it to their students. If you don’t want to syndicate, you can create a classroom out of your course, set an enrollment fee and sell it in the Marketplace as a paid enrollment classroom. Users can enroll in your course and learn, while you make money per every student that takes it!
For more information on the new Odijoo, including all of the features listed above, check out our Odijoo overview.