After explaining and demo-ing Odijoo at the 2010 F5 Expo, one of the recurring questions we got, was “it’s free? So how do you make money?”
The answer is simple. Let’s start off with what is free in Odijoo…
It is free to do the following in Odijoo:
- Sign up
- Create online courses
- Import your PowerPoint slides
- Convert courses into classrooms (add interactivity – multimedia, students, quizzes, discussion boards and more)
- Administer classrooms and courses to your students, or to members of the Odijoo community
- Create and maintain your own Odijoo Campus that’s accesible to the general public, located at yoursubdomain.odijoo.com.
- Add your course to the Marketplace and allow members of the Odijoo community to enroll in it and rate it
- Create a paid enrollment course and put it up for sale in the Odijoo Marketplace or in your public Campus (accesible to anyone in Odijoo)
- Take courses, rate courses, add members as contacts, message contacts, participate in discussions
So when do we charge? Good question.
There are two scenarios, where Odijoo would retain money from you:
- Subject Matter Experts: If you making money in Odijoo by selling courses, Odijoo retains 10% per course sold.If you’re a trainer that does consulting on the side, you would want to charge a fee for your Odijoo training course and offer it for paid enrollment from either your Odijoo Campus, or the Marketplace. It is free to create and put your paid enrollment course up for “sale”. However, when students can begin paying your enrollment fee and taking your course, Odijoo deducts 10% from the purchase price (with a $5 minimum charge) and you keep the rest! If you don’t make money, we don’t charge!
Learn more »
- Organizations: If you are using an Odijoo Campus as a corporate training centre and you would like it to be privately accessible for only your employees.If you’re an organization or trainer and would like your Odijoo Campus to act as a completely private online training centre, accessible only to the employees whom you invite, rather the general public, this is called a Private Campus. You will need to purchase “seats” for your employees, which each seat representing one of your employees/learners taking one of your courses.You can purchase your Campus seats in blocks (bundles) of 100, 500 or 1,000 seats. The cost is $700, $3,000 and $5,000, respectively, which averages out to $5-7 per employee taking a course in your campus.
Learn more »
So, it’s that simple. Unless you sell a course or request for a fully-private Odijoo Campus, Odijoo is 100% free to sign up for and use. We hope this is more clear now and keep the questions coming!